I had the pleasure of attending this year's Service Academy Career Conference (SACC) in San Diego last week and had the honor to meet many women and men who have devoted their lives to serving and protecting our country. Here at UCLA Anderson, we're proud of our robust veteran and active military community, with approximately a dozen students from different branches of the military in each of our full-time MBA classes (and more are in our FEMBA and EMBA communities).
To help build a professional network devoted to advancing the careers of our Anderson military veterans, our students have the opportunity to join our Anderson Veterans Association (AVA) student club. The AVA is primarily focused on four goals:
- Support veteran applicants throughout the admissions process:
- If you are a prospective military applicant, we strongly encourage you to connect with our current students! Please reach out to the AVA President Will Wilder and VP of Admissions Evan Milnor
- Assist in the professional development and recruitment of AVA members:
- Networking sessions
- Career night
- Veteran mentorship program
- Speaker series
- Monthly social events
- Applied Management Research projects
- Maintain close relationships with UCLA Anderson veteran alumni: Alumni mixers, Networking events, and more.
- Strengthen the veteran network at UCLA and beyond: Representation and participation in the UCLA Veteran's Day Ceremony and UCLA Women Veterans Breakfast
To learn more about our Anderson military community, visit our Veterans@Anderson website and view the video below to hear directly from some of our UCLA Anderson veterans and active military:
UCLA Anderson thanks you for your service!