« My MBA recruiting adventure through Asia - part 2 | Main | Application Tips - Letter of Recommendation »

October 06, 2014

Comments

Jeff Nguyen

Hi Jessica,

Great blog. I really like the part about test scores and academics. I am not a good test taker so my GMAT score is currently outside the range but my GPA is above the upper GPA range for Anderson. I've already taken the GMAT twice (most recently early this month) and I want to apply to Anderson in the second round. Do you think I should try to improve my GMAT score to get it within the range or do you think I should focus on my application? I have already filled out most of the online application, received my letter of recommendation, and outlined my essay response.

Regards,

Jeff Nguyen

Jessica Chung

Hi Jeff, ultimately it's a personal decision. If you're confident you can increase your score on the next try, it might be worth it. However if you find yourself scoring about the same on tests and practice tests, perhaps your time is better spent refining your essay, resume, and other parts of your application.

The comments to this entry are closed.

About The MBA Insider's Blog

• The MBA Insider's Blog offers an objective, “inside” perspective on issues relevant to prospective MBA students and others interested in learning more about an MBA and UCLA Anderson. The blog is managed by members of the full-time program’s Admissions Committee, with posts from Admissions, students, and guests.

Follow @UCLAMBA on Twitter for the Latest News

Twitter: Follow @uclaMBA

Like us on Facebook

Contact