« Early Round 2 Decisions Released Today | Main | Round 2 decisions are out »

March 06, 2014

Comments

justin chaudoin

Jessica,

If an applicant has not heard anything (interview invite or otherwise) is it safe to for that applicant to assume he/she is still being evaluated?

Vinay

Thanks for the update!

For those of us who have not yet received interview invitations, should we still keep our hopes alive? By when can we expect to hear from you - in either case?

Jessica Chung

Justin, that's correct - if you haven't heard from us yet it means we are still reviewing your application.

Vinay, realistically chances may be slim at this point if you have not received an interview invite. However, we're still reviewing apps and we want to give everyone the chance to make their case before saying we're completely done sending out invitations. So we anticipate a few more may go out between now and April 2. In any case, you'll definitely hear from us with a final decision no later than April 2.

Hope this helps :)

Sophia

Hi Jessica, if an applicant was interviewed prior to March 6, but has not received final decision, is it more likely than not that his application is still being reviewed, or is it more likely than not that his application will get denied? or is it simply not an indicator at all? Thanks.

Gargi

Hi Jessica,

Have all the applications been looked over? I ask because I submitted my application very close to the deadline and I'm still clinging to the hope that it may not have been reviewed yet and I may still get an interview invite.

Also, have you also begun to intimate applicants who have been denied or will denials only be sent out on 2nd April?

Jessica Chung

Sophia, it's really not an indicator at this point. The ones who received a decision before the deadline happened to be ones whose applications were finalized early.

Gargi, that's correct, we are still reading applications. Keep in mind that Round 2 is our biggest round so we are quite busy all the way up to the decision release deadline of April 2.

Erin

Hi Jessica,

Quick question for you: I submitted my application via the Consortium for Round 2 in January. I received notification that my application was received on 2/28 - is there a different timeline for Consortium applicants? Is April 2 still the final notification for these folks?

Many thanks to you - I did read above that Round 2 is your largest and busiest, and I certainly appreciate the time you take to answer these questions.

Jessica Chung

Erin, I believe there is a slightly different timeline for Consortium applicants since the process is a bit different. My colleague Vickie Euyoque manages our Consortium applications, so I suggest you reach out to her at vickie.euyoque@anderson.ucla.edu.

Vivien Shen

Hello Jessica, does the timing of admission have any implications to financial aid or scholarship? Thank you very much!

Adhi

Hi Jessica,
What % of interview invitations would you say have been sent out already? I have not heard anything back at all from Anderson (invitation or rejection) Just holding on for hope!

Jessica Chung

Vivien, it doesn't have an impact. We plan to award fellowships to top admits up to and on the April 2 decision release day.

Adhi, I don't have an exact percentage but the vast majority have gone out. However, I did learn several more applicants have been invited to interview today so I expect we may have a few more before the April 2 deadline.

Akanksha

hi jessica
when would you say is the absolute last day to get an interview call... seeing that the deadline is inching closer, are you still sending out invites?

Sayan

Hi Jessica , For applicants who haven't yet heard back from Anderson about interview invites, will the final decision on Apr 2 necessarily be a reject or is it possible to be wait listed as well ?

Regards
Sayan

Jessica Chung

Akanksha, an applicant may receive an interview invite up to the decision release day of April 2 but given it's only a week away the chances are very slim. As mentioned previously, the vast majority of interview invites have gone out.

Sayan, it's possible to be wait listed without an interview.

Tejesh Mehta

Hey Jessica,

Great information you share with us. :)

Verify your Comment

Previewing your Comment

This is only a preview. Your comment has not yet been posted.

Working...
Your comment could not be posted. Error type:
Your comment has been saved. Comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by the author. Post another comment

The letters and numbers you entered did not match the image. Please try again.

As a final step before posting your comment, enter the letters and numbers you see in the image below. This prevents automated programs from posting comments.

Having trouble reading this image? View an alternate.

Working...

Post a comment

Comments are moderated, and will not appear until the author has approved them.