Our MBA application for the 2012-13 admissions cycle will be available beginning August 7, 2012. In the meantime, you can get an early peek at the application requirements on our MBA website.
New Essay Questions
We require just two essays to showcase your character and goals:
- What is your proudest achievement outside the workplace, and how has it impacted you? (700 words maximum)
- What are your short-term and long-term career goals, and how will an MBA from UCLA Anderson specifically help you achieve these goals? (700 words maximum)
New Recommendation Questions
We revised the questions that recommenders answer to help us identify your leadership and managerial potential:
- How strong is the candidate’s focus in terms of being results-oriented, strategically-minded, and career-driven?
- How does the candidate demonstrate leadership, e.g., by creating a vision, motivating others, managing resources, and taking risks?
- How strong are the candidate’s interpersonal skills as shown by their professionalism, teamwork, attitude, and conflict management?
- How effective is the candidate in communicating clearly, eloquently, and confidently (in written and oral form)?
- How does the candidate bring a unique perspective, and contribute to activities outside the workplace?
Updated Events and Website
We posted our complete calendar of events for the coming admissions cycle on our freshly updated website (mba.anderson.ucla.edu). Please visit our site and come meet us at an event near you or online.